Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Sickening Reality --259

So the good news? I'm 259 today--- so I know that I really did bust through my plateau-- down 4 lbs in 2 days-- all the more reason to continue to weigh myself daily! The bad news is this cold has come on even stronger-- I'm feeling dizzy sitting/ standing -- I keep coughing-- my nose wont stop running-- I keep sneezing--- and the medicine I'm taking (OTC) is not really making me feel any better-- to top it all off I just ran out of kleenexs and should probably go to the store but don't feel like mustering up the energy to do so-- needless to say this is another non- gym day-- and that really bums me out-- if this wasn't my second week back at work I would probably call off work tomorrow-- but seeing as it is my second week of work--- I know it looks bad to call off--so I'm just going to have to find a way to make it through :o( -- curse you rhinovirus and your little germs too!

1 comment:

  1. On the worst days of my cold, I lost a bit more weight than usual, so I don't know if that's normal or not. I gained a LITTLE back when I started to feel better, but not enough to upset me. Probably a good idea not to go to the gym when you're sick anyway - passing on the virus is such bad gym etiquette. :)

    I found a couple articles about working out while you have a cold that recommended yoga, but I think that's just a bad idea. I mean, if you're dizzy and your nose is runny while you are upright, how on earth does a downward dog not just end up disgusting? :) Good luck, feel better!!

    ReplyDelete