Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back at it --259

Ok-- so I'm up to 259 today-- but I'm not stressed-- my floor is now 257.5-- what I mean by that is that I'm not an expert by any means on weight loss or fitness etc-- but keeping track of my weight on a daily basis has given me some insight on when to worry and when not to worry. I know my body-- what I know is that I hit an all time low number and my weight pops up-- it's like a ball hitting the floor and bouncing. I know my weight on a daily basis will fluctuate up to 5 lbs from that floor-- and it's normally a steady climb over a couple days before I will see the floor again. The ball normally bounces twice before it drops lower. Everyone's different and that's why I encourage you to decode your own body and weight loss.

I'm feeling MUCH better today (I can actually breathe through my nose now!!!) So after work and going to the store I hit up the gym... since I'm still under the weather and have been away from exercising for a few days I decided to take it slow--- treadmill for 35 minutes-- I only inclined during the last 10 minutes and kept a pace of about 3.8-- I didn't do any weights afterward. -- I imagine I will be feeling even better tomorrow and hit it harder at the gym then!

In the mean time I need some advice-- I'm having an issue dropping weight on my lower stomach ( this is partially do to limitations I have in exercising because I have herniated discs on both L4 and L5 that really prevents me from doing anything laying on my back ie sit ups or circles with my legs etc that target lower abs) . I also am wanting to try and target my back fat-- I'm not even sure if there is an exercise for that?

I've been seriously considering hiring a personal trainer just for the purpose of showing me how to target those areas without hurting myself-- but money is tight and so is my time-- any tips are much appreciated!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a personal trainer, and he is great. I have compartment syndrome in my calves, so I have real issues exercising my legs. He works out a routine for me so that I can avoid the area.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definetly not easy and I can tell you cause I'm going through it as well but just imagine the outcome. I'm smiling just thinking about it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete