Friday, January 9, 2009

Deflation Station --- 263

Just to let you know I'm feeling incredibly emotionally drained today! I think I've cried more in these past 3 months than I have in the past 10 years (and that's no joke).

Where to start? well---- I started getting sick yesterday-- like super runny nose sick-- it all starts with a sneeze-- then another and another and then full blown sick. I got super frustrated because I thought "great now that I'm getting on track with going to gym -- I'm going to get too sick to go" -- today I fought tooth and nail to keep this cold at bay-- I've been using zicam and popping "tylenol sinus and severe congestion" every four hours. -- I've been drinking fluids-- including OJ for a boost of vitamin C-- and avoiding dairy (cause in case you didn't know-- dairy makes congestion worse).

Regardless I drug myself to the gym... I just did a lower intensity work out but did walk for 35 minutes and do a few weights-- I figured as long as I worked out a little I'd be in better shape than sitting on the couch @ home.

Back to deflation-- I took my measurements this morning bust 43 (wait what? where are my boobs going? I knew this was bound to happen-- and I did think they looked a little deflated this morning-- hence the measurement)-- waist 39 (no change :o() and hips 51 (improved).

To top off my mood today the guy I've been talking about lost his job today-- I found this out from his sister-- and no he hasn't talked to me.. I tried to leave him some encouragement with 3 texts to his phone and a message I left on his myspace page (which he immediately deleted) -- I think I'm just going to delete him as a friend all together-- I'm feeling too emotional about everything-- and part of me feels like he just needs space to work through his issues with his grandmas and with losing his job and another part of me thinks I've just got the message loud and clear.

What I have decided is that I'm just going to sit here being single (although being disatsified about the thought of it)-- I need time to get over these last two guys-- and time to focus on my weight loss goals-- I think I'm getting sick because I'm stressed out about just starting my new job-- the guys-- and my impatience with losing weight-- and forcing myself to the gym every day-- I just need to focus.

At the suggestion of a lot of comments I'm going to try and get some updated pictures up-- I also wanted to share that I used the "virtual me" to see the difference in weight loss from where I'm at today to where I want to be.-- maybe if I get super amitious tomorrow I will get my friend to take pics of me in similar poses so we can compare the "virtual me" to the real me.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big believer on focusing on one thing. I think focusing on weight loss would be good for you.

    That said, I am terrible at focusing on one thing so if you can manage it share the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For fighting colds, Airborne has worked VERY well for our family. Zicam doesn't do a thing for me.

    I agree that forgetting about guys for a while and focusing on YOU being the best you can be is the best route. I think you are gorgeous inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let the guy (and the way he is treating you) distract you from what you really want to achieve with your weightloss and in life generally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I really came to the realization last night (when talking to my parents) that it really had to be an issue with my weight--- doesn't make sense with all the things he was saying and then not even remotely following through when he came in--

    In a way it's really disappointing that it's the weight that is holding men back from me... in another way-- it's really pathetic that my "sparkling personality"(lol) isn't enough. (After all it was my personality that made him "fall in love" with me in the first place)

    I'm moving on because a)I need to and b) I don't really have a choice. As much as I want to be in a relationship-- get married-- have kids--- right now I can't handle any more emotional baggage-- I need to tackle this monster first-- heal my heart along with my body-- and allow God to grow me.

    ReplyDelete