Wednesday, February 18, 2009

That's a Whole Lot of Ugly -250

To go with my previous post about being "Thin Enough for Fashion" -- I was browsing a plus sized part of a website only to be smacked in the face by a whole lot of ugly. What is the point of having so many plaid shirts-- not only that but UGLY plaid shirts? Did Al Borland have a garage sale (I don't think so, Tim)? Has Paris Hilton been showing up in the back 9 barn making hoe downs all the rage? YUCK!Plus sized department: I'm embarrassed enough for you! STOP THE INSANITY! Ask any woman of any age or size if this is the ideal outfit-- something that makes her feel sexy-- and I'd venture to say every single woman could find something that would make her feel sexier.

Especially in a time like this where the economy is not so great and people are holding on to their money-- don't pitch trash-- and don't buy into the trash! Every piece of clothing I buy makes me feel sexy and like a woman (as much as possible). Literally every piece of clothing I have I feel like I could wear on a date and feel like a complete woman (t-shirts included). -- If it's not helping your cause it's hurting it.

I'm not trying to pick on this store-- because the problem is much larger than that-- it's a bias against larger women. Think how great a fashion forward plus sized store would do? Think how much happier women would be about their bodies if they could wear just as cute clothes as the next girl.

4 comments:

  1. wow they sure are ugly, i dont understand why plus size companies make this trash. even the bras are horrendous in beige, brown or black...no pretty colors like the small girls, its baffling. I guess they think bigger girls dont like cute stuff? And they wonder why the stuff doesnt sell good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I totally agree! Even stores like Old Navy, that could easily translate the clothes over to plus size, seem to fail. (they have some good options but a lot of WTF options). Lane Bryant tries, but boy can it fail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this made me think of a woman I worked with years ago who thought that plaid shirts two sizes too big were appropriate office attire. That's all she ever wore; maybe this is why!

    I don't understand either why it's so hard to find flattering plus size clothes. I love what you said about making sure everything you buy makes you feel sexy; I really strive for that too but sometimes it's so hard. I've found myself stuck in the position so many times of shopping last-minute for an event or a new job and having to settle for what would fit just to have something to wear, regardless of how ugly it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont get it either.
    if even for all the WRONG REASONS (the allure of money) youd think there would be a plethora of options out there.

    people are longing for it.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete