Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Am I Out for the Season Coach? 253.5

Well after that last post about how everything seems to keep getting in my way I have to share what happened to me yesterday.

On Sunday I tried a new machine at the gym (trying to spice it up)-- it's an arc trainer-- basically has the same motion of an elliptical-- but you're in more a squat the whole time. I felt like this gave my legs and butt a great workout (and afterwards I hopped on the treadmill for 35 minutes)-- I loved the workout so much I decided to try it out again last night.

About 5 minutes into the work out on the arc trainer I got a severe pain in my left inner thigh (remember how I said I felt like I had a slight sprain in my groin). Well this pain was just bellow that and it felt like the tendon in my inner thigh popped out-- it kept burning and I was just trying to work through the pain and decided after a minute that I was probably doing more harm than good. I had the idea of hopping on the treadmill and walking it off-- well I limped all the way to the treadmill and put the speed on 2.0 and still had trouble working through it and keeping up with the speed-- after about 3 minutes of that I decided I better just go home :o(.

I am glad to report though that today I still feel a little tinge in my inner thigh/ groin-- but was able to walk on the treadmill for 35 minutes at 3.5 miles per hour-- slower than usual and I was only able to burn about 290 calories in that time (vs about 380 @ 4.0 speed) but I am pleased I was able to get that done.

I plan on taking it easy the next couple of days but still working out!

1 comment:

  1. I hate injuries! So awesome that you are working through it! Don't over do it though! Congrats on continued loss too!

    ReplyDelete