Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm Losing It! 254.5

For Christmas I got an iphone! It's one of those gadgets (much like Tivo) that once you have it you have no idea how you ever lived without it! About a week ago I was browsing the "free apps" and found a program called "Lose it". I absolutely LOVE this program. Basically you input your height, weight, age--- how much weight you'd like to lose per week and your goal weight. Lose it calculates how many calories/ day you should consume to achieve your goal for the week (ie 1 lbs / week etc). -- it even projects at your current criteria when you should hit your "goal weight"-- (it told me OCT for me)

But wait! It gets better! You record your calories by searching for the foods in a database-- you can then choose your portion size and it show you the nutritional breakdown. You can have it record fat, carbs, calories, protein and a bunch of other stuff-- it then subtracts this from your daily budget of calories. What's even better it saves your "foods" -- for instance pretty much every day I have a spinach salad for lunch-- so I can go into "my foods" and locate that meal so I can use it over and over again (or even slightly modify it) etc. It compiles all of this info into a daily and weekly journal so you can see how much (on average) you consume daily or weekly in carbs, fat, calories etc.

I know you thought I was done... you can ALSO include your work outs--- it has a HUGE array of activities including (and this one made me giggle) "sexual activity" which you can put intensity level-- I was interested to find out you can kiss for over an hour and still burn 0 calories according to the program :o)
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL (thanks so much Ron Popeil) you can also record your daily weight and it will chart it for you on a graph.

I know I sound like a salesman (well I did used to be one) but honestly this is a free application for iphone and I'm extatic about it! I've been using it for about a week.. and I'm still trying to figure out how accurate it is-- it tells me I can eat 1800 calories a day and I will lose 2 lbs a week-- to me that seems a little high but I'm going to test it out and let you know when my results are conclusive (but that's another great feature about this program-- I can adjust my "daily" calorie budget if I'm not getting the results it calculates I should. All in all it's a great tool-- and I love recording it all so I can track progress and look back on how things change. I'm nerdy like that :o)

I worked out every day this week (well I'm counting the day I only worked out for 5 minutes and then sustained an injury :o( ) and tonight is no exception--- I'm headed there now!

2 comments:

  1. oh wow thats so neat, i wish they had Iphones in english out here in japan... i wonder if i can download that program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cool. But I don't have an iPhone, alas. Poop.

    ReplyDelete