Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yummy in my Tummy --243


Introducing my new obsession--- Organic low fat strawberry yogurt-- with fresh frozen fruit (still slightly frozen-- including strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries) and topped off with a tiny bit of "Just Bunches" cereal...

I've been eating this for breakfast the past week-- if you'll also noticed I've dropped a lot of weight in the last week-- I'm not sure if this is related to being sick (since I wasn't working out) or... by adding something like this which is only about 200 calories for breakfast-- ASIDE from being extra yummy it's super healthy and filling!

After spending 4 bucks a pack on fresh raspberries and blackberries I decided to give the frozen fruit a try-- and to be perfectly honest I get a huge back for 3.25 and the berries all actually have a lot more flavor to them than the fresh fruit (the frozen fruit is pure frozen-- no sugar added). This turned out to be a much cheaper and better tasting alternative. The yogurt runs about $3.00 (comes in a 4 cup tub)-- so the whole meal ends up being super economical when you consider I get about 6 - 8 meals out of the yogurt and fruit!

2 comments:

  1. sounds good, i also eat frozen fruit and yogurt for breakfast, i never tried it with cereal but i will try it with granola because i am a granola lover, thanks for the idea, this is such a great idea and cost efficient because I am very cheap! thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana, you are doing great! Just been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete