Monday, June 1, 2009

Swallowed by Insecurities-- 245


This was a photo from my vacation-- In case it's hard to make out.. it's me in a sharks mouth. I thought I was being funny-- but when I saw the photos.. I felt like I was being swallowed whole by my insecurities and not the shark head @ the Birch aquarium.

After 50 lbs lost (well you can see I'm up a few lbs at the moment-- I think that's water weight but we'll see in a day or two)-- ANYWAY after 50lbs lost-- I'm really starting to notice the permanent damage I did to my body-- particularly stretched out-- stretch marked skin. I find this especially noticeable in my arms! My inner arms are covered in stretch marks.. which as I lose weight has transformed into flabby flaps. -- This coupled with the "gut" I've acquired that still doesn't want to move (I've lost 1 inch on my gut-- compared with the 5 inches I've lost on my chest, the 8 inches on my waist and the 6 inches on my hips)-- that belly won't go away-- it's incredibly frustrating-- and unattractive. Before I gained all this extra weight I always had a pretty flat stomach-- even @ 220 lbs my stomach remained flat-- now that the fat is on there it is refusing to budge.-- and finally my chest. -- I've gone down a cup size (well on one side I have HAHAH!)-- my one boob tends to want to pop out of my cup-- on the other side it's a little smaller (which I know is normal-- but it's annoying and again unattractive to me.)

I'm having a really hard time coping with this change. I mean it's awesome that I'm taking control and losing weight.. but it's terrifying! (see previous blog)-- and it's frustrating to me that I look like a fat person who has lost weight.. instead of a person who has always been *this weight*. I'm normally very self-confident-- but I was just so overcome with this while on vacation-- I'm scared to see what my final body looks like-- I know.. I just need to take it one day at a time.. but it's hard! I'm struggling. I want to lose weight but I'm having a hard time motivating myself. *sigh* anyway I just wanted to share what's on my mind.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, oh yes, oh yes. This freaking sucks, doesn't it? I've started calling my arm flab "bat wings" because that's what it reminds me of.

    It's such a mixed bag, too, because for the first time I've got some definition there and can see my bicep... and then there's the loose skin hanging down.

    Will
    4xlt.WillPhillips.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the best part of blogging, for me, is knowing I'm not alone. I lay in bed last night thinking the same thing. Wondering how much extra sking I'm going to have when its all said and done. Some will be easy enough to hide, I've never cared about wearing a bikini anyway - but my arms and thighs... Don't really want saggy skin there! BUT, I think we will both be happier with less fat, and the skin will hopefully be a constant reminder of how hard we fought to get where we are and how we don't want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been aggravated with my body for the same reason this week! I carry weight very awkwardly in my stomach and for some reason it's really depressing me these days.

    I think I'll just try to run it off my anxieties and add some ab work for the flab. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete